Sunday, September 14, 2014

Guoda and Other Poems


Hello friends, with this post I am going to share with you a video I made during my residency in Lithuania this summer.  The title of the video is Guoda.  Ultimately, I'd like to exhibit this piece in a public space, or somewhere it can be lived with for a while.  I'm putting the video below, in it's entirety, as well as on my website, but I understand that staring at a screen for 25 minutes is not the best way for you to experience it.  Feel free to click through, or to let it roll until you have a sense of what I'm going for.





You may have figured out that the footage for Guoda was derived from a developing Impossible Project Polaroid.  Impossible Project is a lot of fun to play around with but it is also a VERY finicky film.  Once the video was complete, I used the leftover film to shoot portraits of folks I met this summer, and to document the Jewish Cemetery in Telc, CZ - the site of my East/West exhibition.  Here are some of those images. 

Simona, AKA Simba

Artist, Daniel Spangler

Aukse

Milan

The dude!


Daniela, in Croatia


Here's my perspective on the Jewish Cemetery in Telc, CZ.  I had the place to myself for a solid week so I tried to shoot one polaroid every day.






That's all for now.  If you don't know already, I will be a participant in the Fall Solos exhibition starting next month at the Arlington Art Center.  It will be the American debut of the East/West project.  The opening reception is October, 18th.  I would love to see you there!  For more info click here.







No comments:

Post a Comment