Sunday, May 4, 2014

Ultra Spring


Greetings all.  It's been a great spring so far!  I am off to Lithuania at the end of May for a month long residency at the Nida Art Colony.  My next post will likely be from there.  And there are other big things going on but I'll save that for the end.  Here are some of the sights from April in to May.




I'll start with last night's moon.  This is my second foray into astrophotography at the college's observatory. 


I also learned to hack a GraLab darkroom timer.



I love collecting art school trash.  This is an example of the type of stuff you'll find in darkroom garbage cans.


Something else I did in April was attend an exhibition opening at the Clermont Foundation in Berryville, Virginia.  It was curated by my good friends and Baltimore power couple Teddy Johnson and Heather Rounds as part of their Rotating History Project series.  The exhibition features artwork that illuminates the history of the former plantation where the work is installed.  It's up until May 31st.  Here's some pics from the opening.



She used to own the place.



Barn animals in a barn






Teddy introducing one of the performers.



Baltimore artsters. (and if you look REAL hard you might see an artwork by Todd Forsgren).



Work by Chris Mona



Inside the slave's quarters.



Afterwards we went drinking at this dive bar in West Virginia that Patsy Cline used to play.


  
Stage entrance

Back to baltimore now...






My color photography class.  



The amazing Cleo!



A cheater who shall remain nameless.



Poe's grave



Yellow sucker for a sick little girl.


Daniela blowing bubbles






And about the big news that I said I would get to later...






Just to see if you're still paying attention.






D is pregers.




And it's a girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment