Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ken Kesey and the Merry Prankster Bus

I took this photo of the original Merry Prankster bus at Ken Kesey's house in Oregon in 1998.  I came to Kesey's house to do his portrait but he quickly sent me off into the woods as if he knew I would find something of interest there.  When I came across the bus rotting in the forest I was blown away.  This was the bus that Neil Cassidy drove!  This was a historic relic from the 60s!  I shot a roll of color negative film and then got back to the more important goal of photographing Kesey. 

Recently while scanning old negs and slides I found the roll of film I shot of the bus and was at first upset when I realized that chemicals had been eating away at it.  After thinking about it for a while I decided to print the image to see what it might look like.  The end result is an image I find to be far more representational of the bus and those who rode it.  I really could not have hoped for a better disaster to occur.






















And here is the Image I eventually took of Kesey.

          



















Not sure who any of these people are?  http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2011/09/01/magictrip/

No comments:

Post a Comment